The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

holset hx52 what manifold is the best?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swifteagle

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 18, 2012
livingston, Texas
iam building a 90 awd what manifold would have the best spool time with a hx52? my motor is a built 6bolt eagle/wiseco no bs shafts built 1g head with crower 284/280 cams 2150cc e85 sd and jackel.

Thats a big turbo. I dont think spool time will matter. But as far as a mani, you can contact joe at redjack racing. He does good work. Dont cheap out, just buy once. Your looking for 600+ for a good one. Or jim at jmfab.

a pic of the motor in the car.

should i go top mount jmf or get a dnp? if anyone has a good jmf top mount let me know

Attachments

• Picture 122.jpg
    Picture 122.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 325
Well my opinion, a top mount would need a lot more fabrication to make it work. I have a redjack racing t3 mani, and its great quality. I wouldnt get a top mount. Both joe and jim do great work. But joe is a bit more cheaper.

Well my opinion, a top mount would need a lot more fabrication to make it work. I have a redjack racing t3 mani, and its great quality. I wouldnt get a top mount. Both joe and jim do great work. But joe is a bit more cheaper.

A HX52 on a T3 manifold...heh. I would definitely go with Redjack though. Joe does real good work and can definitely make you the T4 manifold you need. Whether or not you want to go top mount is up to you, but regardless, Joe can make you whatever you want!

dnp has a t4 manifold thare is a used one on craiglist for 350$ but top mount does look sweet tho

I'll have to call Him. does anyone know what exhaust flange is on the hx52 Is it just a 4" vband?

Whats this mean LOL. Im running the hx40 with a t3.

But yes joe could make your what you want. Your going to have to use the stock hx housing because BEP dont make a housing for the hx52.

There is quite a difference between a 40 and a 52. As mentioned before, get a good manifold (NOT DNP!! They are decent, but the 52 weighs a metric f**k ton, and you wouldnt want it cracking). Buy once, buy the real deal, and never have an issue ;)

you definatly will need a true twinscroll manifold for that turbo. Expect to make full boost at about 5200RPM, and build a motor that you wind to 10K+

Personally, if I was looking to run a HX52, I'd look for one of the HKS T4 manifolds, like shep used to run. There was a place remaking them. ONGREEN performance I think.

I had the HX52 with the DNP T4 TS mani. It only had one wastegate so I'm sure there was room for improvement with boost response. Mr.Peepers said he installed a divider up to the wastegate seat and boost response was greatly improved.

The flange on the turbine housing is actually a T5 but all you have to do is widen a few bolt holes and it'll bolt up to a t4 mani.

I added the spacer for clearance of the water pipe. I forgot to add that Bwhite runs this exact same combo. He seems to like it but hasn't got to take full advantage of it yet due to an accident and tranny failure (imagine that).

The exhaust outlet is a 4'' vband with a 4.75'' lip. You'll have to lathe the lip down to 4.5'' to get a dp to fit.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/turbo-system-tech/393059-hx52-set-up.html

Check out this thread. Bwhite has a lot of good info and some logs up to 40psi.

Attachments

• DSCI0002.JPG
    DSCI0002.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 265
  • DSCI0004.JPG
    DSCI0004.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
Thanks for the info that Manifold looks good. What rpm did you start to see boost at?

Full boost is about 5500 to 35 psi on Bwhite's setup. I never got mine running :( Had to sell to pay some bills but I will have another! If he would weld in a divider at the WG I'm sure it would be better.

Just got My hx52 in here is a pic next to a ebay gt35.

Attachments

• Picture 125.jpg
    Picture 125.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 219
My brother, John, at Strictly Import Motorsports is doing a compound set up with the H1c and HX52. he might be able to give a little information about what is best set up/ manifold to use. number to the shop is 269-350-9055.

I got a obx for now so i get get my car going i dont want to spend 1000$ on a manifold right now. i'am goint to take 1/4 round bar stainless to reinforce it.

Got the turbo on.

pic of the turbo on

Attachments

• Picture 177.jpg
    Picture 177.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 249
It is just a cheap obx t4 manifold. For now.

Attachments

• 0 140.jpg
    0 140.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 147
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back