The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

HELP! Changed air filter + Plugs, suddenly LEAN!!! LOG Inside...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjw205

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2006
Syracuse, New_York
No idea what this would have to do with anything, but I just changed out my old crap ebay filter with a new K&N 4" inlet filter, and put in some new BR7ES plugs in. Now I am running 12.x:1 lean!! I have it set up for 11.0:1 in V3. Has been running perfect for about a year now, until today when I changed these things. I also noticed my MAFComp suggestion is completely opposite than before. Would changing the filter have any affect on this? Idk where to start...

I have a log, but not sure if I should crop it at all, or if the whole thing would be better....

:ohdamn:

Attachments

• clip1.elg
    27.6 KB · Views: 44
No idea what this would have to do with anything, but I just changed out my old crap ebay filter with a new K&N 4" inlet filter, and put in some new BR7ES plugs in. Now I am running 12.x:1 lean!! I have it set up for 11.0:1 in V3. Has been running perfect for about a year now, until today when I changed these things. I also noticed my MAFComp suggestion is completely opposite than before. Would changing the filter have any affect on this? Idk where to start...

I have a log, but not sure if I should crop it at all, or if the whole thing would be better....

:ohdamn:

12.x:1 is not lean it is rich

15:1 and higher is lean.

12:1 a/f ratio is best for max performance on a forced induction car.

If anything you have the wrong plugs, or the gap in the plugs is too small. The plugs could be in the wrong heat range. The plugs would be causing the problem not the K&N.

If anything you have the wrong plugs, or the gap in the plugs is too small. The plugs could be in the wrong heat range. The plugs would be causing the problem not the K&N.

I understand 12:1 is rich, but it is "lean" in this case because I have it tuned for 11:1, which it has always ran at. I am using the same plugs I have always been using, BR7ES. Gapped at .028".

Still stumped. Changed injectors from my old Evo III 510's to some FIC 650's to see if anything changed, and of course reset fuel trims (was going to do it anyways). I still have the same lean spike while WOT. I have another log attatched. I even adjusted my MAFComp a little more, and also changed the global scaler to center the curve, still the same.

12:1 would normally be considered lean on pump gas

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back