The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Help Axle stuck in hub

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolski420a

Probationary Member
Jan 27, 2007
mandan, North_Dakota
I have been taking my new eagle talon tsi awd apart to rebuild the engine (the former owner locked it up) and i was taking off the axle nut and the axle wouldn't even move so i took the whole suspension off so what i have left is the nuckle the hub and of course the axle does anyone know how to get it apart cause i think there rusted together. thanks

I was in your shoes a couple weeks back. I got the nut off of the axle, but it would not pull back through the hub. First, I sprayed some pb blaster on the front and back of the hub where the axle goes through it. Then I used an 8lb sledge to knock the axle out of the hub. You may want to have a friend hold a 2x4 in front of the axle to prevent metal-to-metal contact and destroying the threads of the axle. If it is anything like mine, it is going to require some "convincing".
Good luck and let me know how it goes for you:thumb:

Justin

try not to "beat it out" but if you have to , use a wooden block as suggested up a few posts... your best bet would be a hydraulic press or a flywheel/steering wheel puller that was pictured in the linked thread... a little PB blaster and some heat on teh outer part ofthe hub ( not on the axle) will also go a long way

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back