The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

cv shaft stuck in hub

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelvinb

15+ Year Contributor
May 7, 2004
Lincoln, Nebraska
sun of a b!tch wont come out! i have taken the shaft completely out, and have it in a vice and ive been pounding the piss out of the shaft trying to get it out of the hub! I have used 1/2 can of pb blaster already and still nothing. Im getting really upset with it and I am about to get a new hub assymbly and burn the old one. :mad: What should I do?

Order a new hub.

Take the assy to a shop and have them get it out or try heating it cherry red. Either way, I would replace the hub and possibly the axle.

One of mine took a torch and a 20 ton press to get out. Yes I bought the new hub and axle.

I'd just buy a new one, when I replaced the CV's in my '90 3 years ago, we tried everything to get the hub loose, heated it, beat it with a sledge, ever form of loosening fluid in the shop, nothing worked (plus the hub was in pretty poor shape by this time) so I just got a "new" one. (from a junkyard)

:) got it out! i got 2 sawhorses and laid the hub on it and beat the crap out of it more and in it finally broke loose.

Now I face another problem.

Autostore here wants the cv shaft (trade in), but I need to get it out of the intermediate piece. Who do I take it to or can i do it?

The axle comes off the intermediate shaft by rapping on the green cup while holding the intermediate shaft and turning it. Your trying to force the c-clip inside to compress and release.

I wonder how bad you messed up the axle bearings with all that pounding?

Steve

steve said:
The axle comes off the intermediate shaft by rapping on the green cup while holding the intermediate shaft and turning it. Your trying to force the c-clip inside to compress and release.

I wonder how bad you messed up the axle bearings with all that pounding?

Steve

im wondering that too :confused:

when you say rapping and turning, what do i do? i have a vice :confused: and things to beat stuff with

kelvinb said:
when you say rapping and turning, what do i do?
I mean holding the intermediate shaft in one hand and pounding on the cup while turning the whole unit so that your working the cup (and axle) off the intermediate shaft.

Steve

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back