The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Heeeeeelp!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2g-gst

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 28, 2004
Riverside, California
Ok I have a 97 gst. I installed a hallman mbc, boost gauge, a/f gauge, 1g throttle body, and upper int pipe today. After everything was done i took the car out for its test run. First of all the check engine light was on. Next, its like the car wont boost or something. Its like the turbo will start to spool and then it feels like as if something just all of a sudden clogs or plugs and keeps the turbo from continuing to spool. I'm pretty sure I have everything hooked up right. The a/f gauge is working properly. The boost gauge shows that there is a vacuum and it seems to be reading the boost but the car wont let me boost enough anyway like i said. The throttle body seems to be working properly. And I cant even get the car to run right to even test the mbc. I mean the car will drive fine untill I start trying to let the turbo spool up. One end of the mbc is going into the wastegate and the other is tapping into the hose right after the exhaust manifold. I tried using the bov line but same outcome. Please help me out here. By the way, only other mods I had prior to all of these are dp/tp, and intake w/ piping. :cry: :cry: :cry:

maybe it wont let you boost enough because your controller is set low, have you tried turning it up. also the hose you used to hook the boost controller up could be too big, OR you could have a major intake leak somewhere. check all that stuff out if you havent already.

he was already told this in another part of the forum but he just won't believe it, give up its useless to try to help him

u need to do a boost leak test because you mite have a leak after adding the new pipe...also turn ur MBC up some mostlikely its all the way down or make sure you have the right hose on the MBC go to the right place....try swip swapping them. or try taking the MBC out of the look aoll together and see if it still does this.. if so theres another problem.

x camaro owner said:
he was already told this in another part of the forum but he just won't believe it, give up its useless to try to help him
i realized it would have been better in 1 forum than the other so i reposted it aight smart know it all guy

2g-gst said:
i realized it would have been better in 1 forum than the other so i reposted it aight smart know it all guy
ahh what u said didnt apply at all to what x camaro said. he said that u were told the answer but dont believe it. the fact that u posted again doesnt really matter.

It happened to be a leaky seal between the bov and the uip. To those of you who tried helping me out I really appreciate it. To those who talked ish about me not believing whateva people were telling me....well...know what ur talking about before you go posting ish. I never said i didnt believe anything being said to me. I just had posted this in two forums because i recognized one forum was more appropriate for my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back