The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

header problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsu22

Probationary Member
Feb 3, 2004
Edgewtaer, Maryland
i have a 95 gs eclipse with a after market header, it was the only upgrade on the car when i bought it, this header specificly has a metal "flange " which is threaded on the outside , like the male end of a blot, and the most i can come up with is it was built on the headers for a possible egr valve, well the bolt came off, anyway i mangaged to get a similar cap from a marine store to cover the newly formed hole and i was wondering what would be the best material to use around th threads to ensure that no leaks occure once its on. i was told jb weld but that stuff melts off any ideas?

Your EGR should screw directly on to the ends, so that makes me ask: where's your EGR? Technically, it SHOULD screw on, but mine had to be welded on since the thread pattern on the header was slightly off.

If the header was the only mod done to the car, i doubt he is talking about a EGT probe. He is talking about the secondary intake crap mitsubishi recalled. Either weld the hole shut or find a screw cap for it. EGR goes from the head to the manifold.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back