The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Having boost trouble!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talon4show

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2005
Pensacola, Florida
Well I just had my thermostat go bad on me and changed it out this morning. Later in the night I glanced at my boost gauge and its either creeping or spiking really bad. I don't kow exactly what those two things are specifically but I'm pretty sure its creeping. It'll go straight to 12 and then jump to 13 and then jump up to 14 and finally level out at the usual 15 psi. Did I do something wrong or does something need changing? I do not have a boost controller but it never did this before so I figured something had to happen in the process of me swapping out the thermostat. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Daniel

If the only thing you did was the thermostate, I couldn't tell you what might have caused it but I'll try and help you with the boost creep. I suggest getting a mbc and turn the boost up to about 13-14psi at which point you should see no more boost creep. 14psi is also within safe limits of the T25/Stock fuel/stock bov. Make sure you have a real boost gauge first.

Thanks. It has stopped a little bit right now still stoping at 13 and then juming to 15 though. I've needed a boost controller for too long and I guess its time to buy one. I have autometer phantom gauges with a 30/30 PSI boost guage. Thanks again

-Daniel

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back