The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Have the wrong title!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boblong6

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
My buddy bought a car from Cameron and my buddy sold it to me.The kid "Cameron" that my buddy "Edgar" bought the car from has the right title and gave my buddy Edgar the wrong titlehe gave him the title that he got when he bought the car. and my buddy Edgar didn't know it was the wrong one. I got ahold of Cameron and asked if I could get it back and he said yes and he would call me in a day. well he never called and I've tried calling him multiple times and he wont pick up. I dont know where he lives. I have the registration papers of Cameron's which have his old address on them and on the correct title there is no "stolen reports" and no lean on the title. Cameron just wont give it to me cause he is a dumb ass 17 yr old. Could I just go to the dmv and file for lost title and get a new one. I don't have bill of sale but could I still get a new title?

bill of sale is all you really need. if the title isn't in the name of the person(s) who sold you the car. what you will have to do is pay for 2 registrations. one from original owner to person who sold too you. then one more for yourself. "Also" bill of sale may or not need a seal from a notary. ""i once knew ""someone"" who just generated a bill of sale and there were no questions asked at dmv" good look

Depending on how your state works, you can file for an abandoned title. I've done this twice in Michigan but I don't know how your state works. All you have to do is call the secretary of state and ask what it will take to retrieve a title on an abandoned car. I know in Michigan that the vehicle has to be atleast 10yrs old to do this. If your state is anything like mine, you will fill out a little peice of paper with the vin number to the vehicle you are trying to get the title for and the state will review it for 30 days to assure the car is not stolen or wanted in any crimes. If everything clears, then they will issue you a title with your name on it. It will be a clean and clear title as well.

Hope this helps.

Jon

bill of sale is all you really need. if the title isn't in the name of the person(s) who sold you the car. what you will have to do is pay for 2 registrations. one from original owner to person who sold too you. then one more for yourself. "Also" bill of sale may or not need a seal from a notary. ""i once knew ""someone"" who just generated a bill of sale and there were no questions asked at dmv" good look

Depending on the DMV in his state, all he has to do is file for a title on an abondoned car. The DMV will then check records to make sure it is not stolen and will attempt to contact the previous owner. If nothing comes up within 30 days, the car is his with a title and his name on it.

I am going to the police tomorrow to get it all straighted out

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back