The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Hard starting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashirkey

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 2, 2009
Ft wayne, Indiana
I just finished putting in my motor that i just rebuilt. it is a 2.3 stroker 6 bolt motor. I have gotten it to start and idle once for not even 30 seconds because i am still waiting on my radiator hoses so there is no coolant in my motor right now. I think it is my fuel pressure regulator not keeping fuel pressure in the fuel rail but i would like a second opinion. When i try to start it when the motor is cold it does not act like it is even trying to start, But when i mess with the cas (i think the fuel pump turns on when you turn it if i am correct) i will adjust it a few times and then finally the car will pop a few times then it will start right up. I can crank it for 30 seconds and it wont even act like it wants to start at all. I just thought i would ask for a second opinion on what it might be if you dont think it is the fuel pressure regulator.

First off, don't try to start the car for more than 10s. Secondly, do not worry about starting the car until you are ready to drive it as it is not good to run without water even if it is cold.

You may want to check your wires that go to the CAS plug as one of them may be loose...Usually it is the black one that does the rpms. Sometimes, it may get damaged by trying to spice in a maft if running a gm maf.

If you are turning the CAS, you should check your timing and reset it as you are changing it if you are rotating the CAS.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back