The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

great another problem(injectors leaking)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spic21

10+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2010
albany, Louisiana
ok i have a few question on this topic. well as i said my stock injector are leaking because of bad rubbers. i have some new (i believe its 660 but maybe 650) injectors. the reason there not in is because when i install them my car run like crap getting to about 3500 rpm then starts jerking bad and wont go any higher. my question are

do i need to upgrade my fuel rail/ lines for these injector or will stock rail work for now if i tune them with afc 2? ( witch i still havent figured out just yet because i need to do some reading on it first)

should i just get new injector seals and stick stock until i learn more about programing afc and car?

i really do want to upgrade the fuel system im just worried im gonna get in over my head with all these new parts before i get it right as is. but i other hand i have alot done to motor already so maybe i need this. please give me your input. im gonna post all my mods on my id so everyone can see so they can give best advice

well im an idiot and cant figgure out how to edit my id so here my parts:

The motor only has maybe 700 miles on it tops, I did this build 4 to 5 yrs ago so this is what I remember off the top of my head.

forge rods and pistons think 8/1 compression
3 angle value job
arp bolts
bigger springs
272(I think. They were the biggest at one time) intake and exhaust cams HKS
cometic head gasket. think they said good for 33lbs boost
small 16g turbo
greddy blow value
apex afc 2
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
660 injector(or something like that) (not installed because i cant tune it yet)
2g exhaust maniflod
3in downpipe with 3in thermal exhaust
Prothane Motor & Transmission Mounts
its also gauged out inside from oil to exhaust temp
and I have a palm pilot with d-link on it (I think)
i also have a lt1 mas air with the kit to convert it(not installed because i need to learn car first aka tunning)

well i figure out the id so parts are there same as here

Stock rail will work fine and you will need to tune with the bigger injectors.Also i would change the orings asap before you have a fire and it's also a boost leak which could be your jerking/studder issue.

Stock rail will work fine and you will need to tune with the bigger injectors.Also i would change the orings asap before you have a fire and it's also a boost leak which could be your jerking/studder issue.

cool. i will leave stock rail for now then. new injector have all new orings. so guess i need to find some forums on the apex afc 2. and how to use it. if anybody know any off hand i would love to know its title or person it was by. tx

Just FYI, the stock rail will support just about any HP goal you can throw at it. The ID is the same if not a tad bigger than most after market rails. Only reason to upgrade to a new rail is either for looks, you have a busted rail and want to get better looks, or lastly you have a 900hp goal.

thank you everyone. especially steve, youve been there at every corner. this site has been a great help. tx again to you all

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back