The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Gauges not working!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebuilt_gsx

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 20, 2012
Racine, Wisconsin
Alright guys... so I have 3 gauges, an autometer cobolt boost gauge which works fine. an AEM wideband which Worked fine. then i got an autometer electric oil pressure gauge. so the wideband worked fine, then i was hooking up the oil pressure gauge and i soldered the 12v wire to the same fuse as my wideband, which was a 20 amp fuse thinking it was enough power to get to both gauges. turned on the car, boost gauge worked fine, other two didnt... the oil pressure gauge did the full sweep when start on, but didnt light up, and neither did the wideband. so i checked the grounds, they seemed fine. still nothing. completely disconnected the oil gauge and the wideband still didnt work... switched the fuse and tried again. nothing. I CANT FIGURE IT OUT!! and i need my car done and pulled out by thursday night... anybody have any ideas? i really dont think i could have blew out the gauges... the fuse was still fine and im just confused and at a dead end... :banghead:

on the fuse box it correlates to the windshield wipers, i used it because it has power as long as the key on on so they are always lit so i dont have to have my headlights on or anything in order for them to work. and i checked the ground, put on a new ring terminal to hook up to the bolt and it didnt change. right now im just trying to get my wideband working again.

It is recommended that if you are not using the dim feature to hook it up to a consistent ground source. For me I tapped it into the ecu ground as it was recommended by some dsm wisemen. (working great btw)
I wouldn't use a 20 fuse. My Innovate wide band recommends using a 3 inline amp which could be had at autozone for like 5 bucks. (comes with 2,4,5,7.5 ratings I think)
I wouldn't tap the ground to the wipers nor have I ever heard of that method.

Number 26 ecu ground.
http://evoecu.logic.net/mirror/2g/ecupinout.html

edit:
So your wanting to use the dim feature? Isn't that suppose to be hook up to the cig lighter somewhere?

No... Ihooked up the 12v power wire to the fuse. my boost gauge is hooked up to the cigarett lighter fuse and workes fine. and my grounds are ring terminals on a bolt that connects to the frame fright by the fuse box. i will also be hooking up a 1 amp fuse to all of my gauges so nothing can happen to them. but i just dont understand why my wideband isnt working when it worked fine before? im going to go through everything this weekend to see if i have any spliced or pinched wires.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back