The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G G4JS head in 2G?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgdsm

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 24, 2008
Tarzana, California
Has anyone successfully installed a Huyndai G4JS head into a 1g or 2g, on a 4G63/64 block ? I see it's been done in the Evo and in 3Gs, but it seems like there could be other complications for a 2G. I find one or two threads on dsmtuners related to this, but no real details for doing this in a 2G.

This looks like the same cylinder head swap as an Evo 4-7 head iirc. @JayRome Yas done said swap and could probably point out the details.

You have to weld up some oil drain back ports, then resurface iirc. May be other mods if I interpreted incorrectly.

The G4JS head is basically an Evo 8 head with a 56cc combustion chamber. Bolting one on to a 2G block would give you reversed intake and exhaust sides and a about a 7.5:1 compression ratio.

Blocking off oil drains is for swapping a DSM-style head onto an evo-style block; this is the reverse. It might be possible to drill out more drains, but why bother? It's easier (though far from easy) to just swap in an entire G4JS or Evo engine and end up with something much better.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back