The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

FYC oil seals for front case

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstkl

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2005
SoCal, California
Hey guys, real simple. I'm not even sure if I'll need these, but one of the previous owners of one of the many dsm's I have owned gave me boxes and boxes of junk and in it I found a bunch of topline gaskets etc. Now I would never use these paper POS gaskets on my car, however I noticed the oil seals are actually made by FYC (http://www.fyc.com.tw/Upfile/File/catalogue for auto.pdf) and appear to be rather close to OEM quality. I plan on road racing this thing, and my local dealership is honestly one of the most overpriced dealers in the country. 15 per cam shaft seal, 25 for front crank seal, etc. Do you think these will suffice or should I just place an order and wait for oem parts from someone like extreme psi. I'm never going back to my local dealer, that is not an option since I told the useless angry old parts guy off (aside from having horrible pricing, he was just NOT helpful whatsoever, acted like talking to me was a chore and he just wanted me to leave).

Most likely I'll be buying a new oem front case, which comes with the seals and thus not needing them, but when searching all I could find is that toplines pistons, oil pumps, and paper gaskets were crap, nothing about their oil seals.

So FYC, good, bad? who knows? looks like they are based in china, africa, tiwan, and the rest of asia. Sounds bad but do they leak often?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back