The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

FWD launch (high rev, low boost vs hi boost low rev)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardB

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Rotherham, Europe
So interesting conversation has anyone compared launching at high revs with low boost, compared to low revs with high boost ?

For example :-

On my manual I've always launched between 7300 - 7700 with 5-7psi and can pull 1.5x - 60' times

kiggly on his auto recommends 4700rpm with 12-15psi and cuts 1.2x's
[bigger tyres, wheelie bars etc... all help]

but has anyone tried that on a manual box?

Remember Kiggly is auto so compare his to other autos. Its not a good comparison for you.

What size tire are you on?? You know your gonna need a really wide tire being its fwd. I had a big difference going from 26x8.5s to 26x10s. I have had only one time out on the 26x10s but with only a first gear burnout and no smoke off the tires the car cut a 1.60. Best ever for me. Next time out Ill be doing bigger burnouts in second gear. Should for sure gain time. It did before.

Remember Kiggly is auto so compare his to other autos. Its not a good comparison for you.

What size tire are you on?? You know your gonna need a really wide tire being its fwd. I had a big difference going from 26x8.5s to 26x10s. I have had only one time out on the 26x10s but with only a first gear burnout and no smoke off the tires the car cut a 1.60. Best ever for me. Next time out Ill be doing bigger burnouts in second gear. Should for sure gain time. It did before.

26x10s and I do a 3rd gear burnout. 1.5's 60' and 9.55@158 just need more now :)

26x10s and I do a 3rd gear burnout. 1.5's 60' and 9.55@158 just need more now :)

Are you at least running a 10" wheel like Kiggly suggested??? Im sure 12s would be more ideal.

Couple things,

How much does the car weigh?
Have you corner weighed the car?
Hows the alignment settings?
Can you adapt a limiting strap/chain to the car??
What pressure you running in the tires?
Do you have a Boost per gear option since you make so much power?

Ive been pretty in tune with most of that. Having the car dialed in right and suspension tuned really makes a difference.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back