The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

Fwd auto good for 450hp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gst

10+ Year Contributor
121
0
Apr 19, 2010
Los Angeles, California
Just like the title says I'm at about 400 right now but planning to be at 450 or a little more and once my 5 spd tranny goes I want to give auto a shot. I want to know if it would be more reliable then a 5 speed at these power levels or what would I need for it to handle these levels? The car is only used for drag racing.
I did search but didn't find anything other than kiggly which is a 1g.
thanks in advanced.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
 
I'm pretty sure the A/T would need to be modified to be able to take that 450hp. At stock form they are reliable up to 300hp. IPT is the only thing that comes to mind, they have translab shift kits and modified valve bodies to take the abuse all day. Performance torque converters is a must for 400hp and up. Good luck.
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back
Top