The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Fully built 6 bolt gst, Oil light under full boost(15lbs) HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonGST

Proven Member
Aug 24, 2016
Columbia, Missouri
Okay, first off thank you for coming to this thread. I need a little help here. I'm new to 6 bolts, but not new to DSM's. I have a 1998 gst with a 1991 6 bolt swap, 264-272 hks cams, afpr, turbo timer, boost controller, list goes on. Now my question/problem is that tonight I did a pull from 2nd to 3rd. At about 6000rpm the oil light came on in 2nd, then went to shift into third and got a huge grind. Grind is probably another issue. But on the ride back home, I did a 3rd gear pull to 5500 rpm (car is dsm link v2 set to 8k rev) put the clutch in at 5500 to come to a stop and turn left, car died instantly, no oil light this time. Started right back up but idles lower then before. Any ideas on what this could be? Everything appears to be good with the oil censors, and had plenty of oil. Oil pressure and temp gauges were within normal parameters as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back