The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Fuel pump rewire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d1prospect

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 14, 2004
Glen Bunie, Maryland
Has anyone every heard of running the rewire off the alternator rather than straight to the battery. Read an article about it being a better place rather than battery. Not sure if anyone has done this

well, I have never had a 2g so I don't know a lot about the 2g wiring harness but on a 1g the alternator wire goes directly to the positive terminal so that would mean that you should get the same results either way. The only difference is that the alternator wire goes though a 80amp fuse in the box. that being said, if the 80amp fuse blows and you have it running off the battery, your pump will only continue to run as long as your battery holds up. and on the other hand if the fuse blows and you are running off the alternator, then your fuel pump will continue to run as long as your alternator is putting out power. I haven't ever heard of anyone doing this but I can see why some people would want to do that. I have rewired several off the batt. and will continue to do so because the battery acts as a load equalizer if you will and the alternator output can at times be erratic.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back