The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Fuel Line Swelling

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimG

N/T Moderator
Jun 28, 2002
Aurora, ON_Canada
I've been battling uphill ever since I upgraded my fuel system. As it sits right now, I have a walbro 255 in tank that has a 5/16" fuel injection line clamped with a fuel injection clamp. That is then connected to a fitting at the sending unit and out of the tank. Everything is tight prior to putting the sending unit back into the tank.

My issue is that the fuel line I'm using is swelling up from being in the tank with all the fuel. The connections then become loose to the point that I can spin the line on the barbed fitting, even with the fuel injection clamp torqued down as tight as possible. Obviously I'm using the wrong type of hose. Any suggestions on a hose that doesn't swell?

my friend had this problem with his neon. We did the same type of thing. He just switched brands of hose and it was fine. Sorry don't know what else to tell you. My dual walbro setup has just standard fuel hose going off the top of each walbro to a barb fitting (into the cnc piece) than out, I've never had any issues with swelling.

Just try a different brand of fuel hose, and I've never had any luck with those fuel injection clamps, just use standard worm gear clamps in the right size.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back