The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Fuel Injector Size/MS2

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS2 can control high or low impedance injectors. Now I don't know the great deal of difference between them, but I am sure someone will chime in as I would like to know which one betters over the other. But I would suggest getting RC engineering injectors, they make some for our 420a application.

Sorry to keep popping out threads all the time, but one more thing I'm unsure of are injectors. 420a injectors are high impedance, so I really would like to find high impedance injectors. Would SRT4 injectors work? :hmm: I'm going to be running MS2 as well, so that's something else to throw in there.
You can use high or low impedance injectors with your MegaSquirt system, as long as they physically fit the manifold and fuel rail. Low impedance fuel injectors are usually more precise, and they open and close faster. High impedance fuel injectors used to be cheap and small (~500cc/min and smaller). They were mainly used in economy cars, but now larger, high performance high impedance injectors are available.

I've been moving your threads for you, so please post your future threads in the appropriate forum.

VelocitàPaola;153190588 said:
You can use high or low impedance injectors with your MegaSquirt system, as long as they physically fit the manifold and fuel rail. Low impedance fuel injectors are usually more precise, and they open and close faster. High impedance fuel injectors used to be cheap and small (~500cc/min and smaller). They were mainly used in economy cars, but now larger, high performance high impedance injectors are available.

I've been moving your threads for you, so please post your future threads in the appropriate forum.

I put it in the bolt on tech forum because it specifically said "fuel system" under it... I'd think injectors are part of the fuel system.

Also, the only thing about MS2 is the fact that I'm going to have to remove the stock ECU of course, and then I'll have that whole wiring harness left...

I put it in the bolt on tech forum because it specifically said "fuel system" under it... I'd think injectors are part of the fuel system.
This pertains to an aftermarket engine management system, so it belongs here.

Also, the only thing about MS2 is the fact that I'm going to have to remove the stock ECU of course, and then I'll have that whole wiring harness left...
I don't understand what your concern is.

VelocitàPaola;153190914 said:
This pertains to an aftermarket engine management system, so it belongs here.

I don't understand what your concern is.

Oh, I don't have a concern. I have no idea why I even put down what I did. Thanks for the info though. Everything should be ready here soon. Keep you guys updated.

I was thinking the same thing. Brother I wouldnt be to worried about upgrading the injecters unless you plan on boosting the car. If I were you man to save you the drama from the other members on this forum I would buy These two books Engine Management Advanced Tuning by Greg Banish and Performance Fuel Injection Systems by Matt Cramer. They have formulas on what size injecters to use and they talk about the Batch and Semi Sequential injection system that we use.

We can't give you a definitive answer until you tell us your power goals and turbo setup.

BTW, 3' exhaust is a bit extreme. 3" would be good tho ;).

We can't give you a definitive answer until you tell us your power goals and turbo setup.

BTW, 3' exhaust is a bit extreme. 3" would be good tho ;).

300-350whp is where I want to start. I'm on the market for a LSD. I've saw one from DSM Graveyard but it isn't and actual LSD. It just snaps onto our Open Differential. I don't know if it's worth a crap or not. They claim it's good up to 400whp.

And I was wondering if the 04 or 05 injectors would fit in our fuel rails because a friend is offering me some at a great price.

My bad it's cimotorsports that carry this item. Is it good or worth it? It's an LSD insert. http://www.cimotorsports.net/motor-...t-420a.html?&gclid=COH01JiUnbUCFQeDnQoddlYACg

300-350whp is where I want to start. I'm on the market for a LSD. I've saw one from DSM Graveyard but it isn't and actual LSD. It just snaps onto our Open Differential. I don't know if it's worth a crap or not. They claim it's good up to 400whp.

And I was wondering if the 04 or 05 injectors would fit in our fuel rails because a friend is offering me some at a great price.

My bad it's cimotorsports that carry this item. Is it good or worth it? It's an LSD insert. CI LSD Insert 95-99 Eclipse/Talon 420a - CI Motorsports

Again, what is your turbo setup going to be. An egay 16g, Hahn setup, or WHAT!

They may fit, but it won't matter. SRT-4 inj. flow at 500-550cc (pretty sure), a simple fuel injector calculator (as seen here! - RC Fuel Injection) would tell you what YOU need. Put in your desired 350hp, 4 injectors, and so on. That gives you a need for 699cc injectors. So find some 750's and be DONE!

Now for the LSD..if you want to try it, go for gold but don't expect it to last long. If you want to cheap out half way decently, find an OBX LSD, and do the washer mod. If you can find a quaife, get it because they are hard to find anymore. Also I have heard nothing but stupid things about CImotorsports.

1: CI imports/Motorsports and DSM Graveyard. ARE BAD VENDORS. I strongly urge you to search about it.. they pump out nothing but crap.. so No, i wouldn't recommend buying anything from them.

Tell us more about your setup.. Your turbo defines what you need for injectors. ANd "MS2" is broad.. are you wanting to go seqential/ because then you can run a low impedance injector? If your looking for cheap deals, like using SRT4 injectors.. then you probably do not have the budget to do this right...

If you going MS, youll need to find the dead time of the injectors, this will be alot of you, learning how to do that.. vs buying ones that you know work, and have an approx dead time, vs just guessing.

Tell us more about your setup.....

I never knew they were bad venders. Just asking a question. I haven't bought a turbo yet. The best I can give you guys so far is that I have the FMIC and piping. They are from Ebay, but I've had DSMers recommend them. Turbo wise I've been looking at T3/TO4e 63 trim and 50 trims. Both brands I've looked at were Garret and Turbonetics. It's the last piece to the puzzle besides fuel injectors.

Also, I bought MS so I'm going to have to find a way to pass inspection or I just wasted money... Should've thought about this before I purchased it.

If anyone knows how to pass inspection with MS2 then please let me know. I should have thought this through more, since I have to have a OBD2 scan to pass inspection.

Is it possible to leave the stock ECU in and also wire up MS2?

If I don't have any advice on this, then I guess I'm screwed.

Last I knew, with MS2 you will lose obdII functionality. You should almost leave the stock computer and wiring so when you have to go for inspection, you can swap everything back to stock and just stay out of boost till you get it done?? Only thing I can think of sorry. One blessing of living in Iowa, no type of emissions at ALL :)

With all stand alone EMS you will lose OBDII functions. You can try and leave the stock ecu and stuff in and when inspection time comes around swap everything back but its a big hassle and you will have to baby the car around but make sure its ran all of the diagnostic cycles for the emissions test.

If your asking that question. Then:
1. You have not done close to enough research
2. MS is not for you untill you do #1.
3. Do you know what your MS is configured for?

Now i could just answer your question.. but stopping you now, and suggesting you learn more about the system, will not only save you from:
-installing it and messing it up
-having the car down, and possibly messed up
-TONS of questions that have been and most likely are on a wiki or documented in a FAQ,

Learning more about the system it will prep you for any future tuning/install etc questions. RESEARCH IS KEY..Your not going to find alot of MS users wanting to hold hands. The MS community is great at responding to educated questions etc, not "hey can I use MS to tune fuel only?"

the fact you say "hooking it all up" gives me the feeling you think this is a plug and play System? my .02

Also. if you have to do these inspections yearly or etc. keep in mind.. youll be in the same boat when that time comes.. so i would think 2x about what your doing. you may be able to skim by this year, but come next inspection time, youll be needing to either uninstall or something.

I know it isn't plug and play.... I bought the unassembled version of ms2 and I'm soldering it at school in my electronics class. I know there will be splicing and wiring it to various sensors. That's common sense. I didn't want to get it operating all those sensors just to have to tear it down in a few weeks. Anyway, I'll figure it out. I'm definitely not going to get rid of it and buy a piggyback or fmu...

And I know ms2 controls fuel. I didn't mean for the question to sound stupid. If that's the way you took it.

Honestly that may be your only option.. I mean really if you have inspections every year, what a pain that can and will be just to assemble and un-assemble everything you did. I don't really see many other alternatives for what you are needing.

Also you are willing to risk assembling something in a class your taking, and then to have it control your car without having a professional (someone who knows how to assemble and look over all megasquirt components) look it over?!

Yes, I'm definitely willing to do that. It's not really difficult at all. I know how to solder resistors, capacitors, mosfets, etc. My instructor has also been doing it for over 30 years.

I'm confident in myself, and the boards show you where each one goes, so it couldn't be any easier :thumb:

Also, I've figured out how to just control fuel while leaving the stock ecu in to control ignition and other sensors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back