The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Front mount Intercooler 2G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GermanGsx95'

Probationary Member
Apr 29, 2021
Erbach, Europe
Hey guys

I am Planning to install a front mount intercooler for my Gsx.
I started this thread to get some inspiration on how to mount the intercooler on the car and would like to ask you if you could post some pics of your installations in this thread.

I wanted to mention that it's important for me, that I don't want to cut or let away the front crash beam.
Also the fog lights have to be in place.

So feel free to post your solutions and suggestions.

Also you can write down, which intercooler you are driving.

Thanks for your help 👍🏽

I don't have any install pictures, but the ETS Street FMIC mounts to the underside of the crash beam and the piping goes underneath the fog lights, so you could keep both. It requires a fair bit of trimming of the bumper cover to fit, but everything is retained except the evap purge canister on 98-99 models, but that doesn't apply to you. At this point I don't know of any other application-specific models that keep the crash bar. The kit is long discontinued so you'll have to get pipe and couplers elsewhere, but the intercooler core is still available.

Edit: this thread shows some pictures of the ETS Street installed.

My gsx has the evap purge canister
But I am Planning to delete it, because my evo 3 Intake manifold has no egr Port.
Also the throthle body doesn't have the vacuum lines for the egr and evap, I am forced to delete the system out of my car.
Luckily to ecm link, this is no big deal, as I can set the system default.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back