The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Front Grill (no fab required)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLACK'98DSM

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2019
Alabama
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I am looking very specifically. I want a metal vented grill that requires very little custom fabrication for a low price. I see some very interesting ones that I love but they cost $190-250. I have no problem spending that much on my car, but not on something that I know only cost a few dollars to make and that is something that will take roadwear and damage. Thanks for your help

back in the day, autozone used to sell universal aluminum mesh grill inserts.
i pulled the bumper to install it. I just cut the mesh and bent it to fit. Then used a couple small pieces of wire to hold it in place and used a little fiberglass resin to bond it to the back side of the bumper.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Home Depot.. go over by the rain gutters.. mesh gutter guard.

I painted it gloss black and secured it with a couple of well placed zip ties, but the previously mentioned fiberglass method sounds like a better route. Yes it's minor fab work to bend the mesh around the corners and secure it with the glass.. but I doubt you'll find anything that doesn't require some small amount of fab.

^ That is that I did to my car back in HS after a rock took a nice chunk out of my radiator, was very easy to do and worth the time and effort rather than spending more than $20 on a pre-made one.

I made mine using stainless mesh . I used door edge guard arounf the outside . I have two small brackets , one on each side to hold it in place . It cost me a total of $30.00 and my own time to fabricate .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back