The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

front case and oil pump gear question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To my best recollection from memories of rebuilds from the past. The 6-bolt gears have straight gear teeth, and the 7-bolt gears have helical (slanted) teeth.

I doubt it will work. I would just buy a new pump or gears for the specific engine your building. I know I wouldn't wanna cheap out on a part that is as critical as the oil pump. It could destroy your freshly built engine and you will be back at the same point you were in when you needed a rebuild or worse.

If you are talking about the oil pump drive gear that the timing belt rides on then IIRC they are the same. The cases are different but it is possible to make a 7 bolt case work on a 6 bolt block with some slight modification.

This gear, correct?
attachment.php

Yes the oil pump gear will work on all the 4G63 engines 6-bolt and 7-bolt. LOL. Sorry for all the confusion on that.

yep that sthe one thanks for the info. It just sucks now that i realized i ordered the wrong tensioner LOL. I purchased a fullt kit from extreme psi and i hit 7 bolt tensioner instead of 6....im a dumba**.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back