1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Street Build From Slow To Less Slow

Year:
Model/Trim:
Eagle Talon TSi AWD
Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. MattHDSM

MattHDSM Probationary Member

Joined Oct 20, 2018
    Ottawa, ON, Canada

Street Build 269  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    16.870 @ 82.17 · 2G DSM
    BoostedS256 likes this.
  2. MattHDSM

MattHDSM Probationary Member

Joined Oct 20, 2018
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    The engine has been rebuilt and it runs!.. for now anyways.

I installed 0.5mm overbore NPR pistons with ACL Tri-Metal bearings and deleted the balance shafts. All specs are on the wider side of clearances to account for the increased oil pressure and increased boost pressure.

I ported the head oil feed to allow for more oil volume to the head while also reducing some oil pressure within the short block.

While the engine was out, I installed a small 16g, with FIC 650cc injectors and a Walbro 190LPH fuel pump.

The clutch and pressure plate was replaced with a Southbend Clutch Kit - K05048HD, for some increased clamping force.

I look forward to getting a decent tune out of this thing and taking it out racing. Stay tuned for an updated time slip that’s hopefully better than my mid 16 second best pass.

Street Build 269  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    16.870 @ 82.17 · 2G DSM
    pat white and ThunderChild like this.