The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Found a stock 99 GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHaman

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 3, 2008
Frankfort, Asia
It's about an hour away. Went to look at it. Guy is second owner. it's got about 87K miles on it. Has receipts for CPS, TOB, slave cylinder, clutch, blown headgasket, (running hot on the highway, head was milled). It has a K&N sticker on the airbox, and there is a Greddy turbo timer. The paint on the passenger's rear corner panel has a few spots with missing clear coat, and the driver's side of the front bumper has a spot where something was hit.

No dings, non smoker, stock wheels. I did feel a little small in it, and it didn't feel very powerful, at least compared to my 230hp V6 Hyundai and the Saab 9-3 and GTP I test drove later.

Only thing that stuck out to me was a blue wire running from the underhood fuse block to the steering wheel area. I can adjust to the seating I think by playing with the recline and seat position, but what else should I be thinking about. A silver unmolested GST is as rare as a unicorn laden with pots of gold.

Plans were a basic tune via ceddymods or EVO8 ecu, short throw shifter and better audio, then upgrade when things started going bad.

What kind of pricing should I be looking at?

Is this in the states? Your profile says otherwise. Pricing varies by area but if it's clean, stock, and has receipts for work done, I'd pay anywhere from low 3k dollars to low 4k. But that's just me.

FOrgot to update all of the forums I'm on after moving back. I'm in Frankfort, and it's due north.

Sounds like it's got a good platform and the fact that it still runs and drives gave you a chance to check out the drivetrain, brakes, electrical etc.

Clearcoet peal is pretty typical, main thing is to lok for rust in the strut towers, but 85k miles you should be clean.

That blue wire could be anything, sounds like an accessory wire tapped off of something. When the car is running check to see if it has power to it.

The head gasket is not too bad an issue if your willing to put some work into it.

Try to offer $1500. You have enough to negotiate and might be able to get a real good deal for the car. I would not recommend going over $3500 though.

I have a short shifter for sale too when your ready.

The head gasket was fixed. That was one of the receipts.

oops sorry misunderstood.
Min offer $2000
Max $4500

main thing is watch for rust and rot especially in strut towers, and in wheel well corners and under doors

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back