The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

420A forged pistons for a 420a

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyv344

Proven Member
Aug 12, 2021
South_Carolina
I've been thinking about what type of forged pistons i want to put in my 420a. I've mostly had my eye on some JE forged pistons with a 10.5:1 compression ratio with some Eagle H rods, but i've also heard that someone put Evo 9 pistons in a 420a and it ran just fine and i'm just trying to figure if its possible?

but i've also heard that someone put Evo 9 pistons in a 420a and it ran just fine and i'm just trying to figure if its possible?
Probably you misheard or are confused with a 4g63 engine. Bore size, compression height, wrist pin diameter, everything different. So if your question was if EVO9 pistons can be used in a 420A engine without modifications, then the answer is No.
If you want aftermarket forged parts, just go with Wiseco or JE forged piston w/ Eagle or Manley rods.

I've been thinking about what type of forged pistons i want to put in my 420a. I've mostly had my eye on some JE forged pistons with a 10.5:1 compression ratio with some Eagle H rods, but i've also heard that someone put Evo 9 pistons in a 420a and it ran just fine and i'm just trying to figure if its possible?
J&E is a great company that goes back decades.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back