The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Forced Performance fuel pump???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95GSXCO

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 15, 2006
Sterling, Colorado
Anyone running one? I just order one for my 2G (GSS342) got it in the mail today expecting a wally pump. I take the sleve off and no wally numbers just a FP logo and the part number? Just looking for anyone that has used one. I have no doubts that it is what FP says just thought it was weirdWTF.

hey how's that fuel pump working? i was thinking of getting one when i order my exhaust manifold. does their install kit do the job?

Its a great pump! I have not got to push it hard yet because I need new bearings! Its kind of on hold untill I put new ones in. As far as the install kit I did not need it because I have a 2G so it just plugs right in like the stock one.

well i have a 2g as well and never knew that it is a "drop in" part. good to hear.

I know this is an old thread but can not find any reviews on this Fuel pump. Was going to get an FP 68HTA and it comes with a free pump. My question is should I run this pump or should I sell and get a walboro?

Very nice pump but you just went from free to double the price of a Walboro. Thanks for the suggesting but not looking to spend so much. I am only looking for 300-350 hp.

But thanks again

Why are you spending the money for an FP 68HTA if you only want 300-350hp? You could hit that power on a standard ol' Evo 3 16g setup all day long for WAY less than the cost of the 68HTA.

Why are you spending the money for an FP 68HTA if you only want 300-350hp? You could hit that power on a standard ol' Evo 3 16g setup all day long for WAY less than the cost of the 68HTA.

The turbo has come so highly recommended that decided to just spend the extra money and get it. Plus we all know if I do hit my HP goal being able to get just a little more hp without having to change the turbo is a plus.

I never ran that pump but if you look at the dyno challenge youll see a bunch of people are running the walbro including myself. If you get a 255 you must get a fuel pressure regulator. Some people like to run dual walbros. Some people like aeromotive pumps but I dont know much about them.

The turbo has come so highly recommended that decided to just spend the extra money and get it. Plus we all know if I do hit my HP goal being able to get just a little more hp without having to change the turbo is a plus.

I see.

Well for that power level, just about any high-performance fuel pump should be plenty on a decent tune, even if you are running E-85.

FP states that the pump is rated for up to 600hp, so I wouldn't worry too much about not having enough fuel. :)

Again the main reason I ask is because they come free with purchase of FP turbos.

Well my set up will be a flashed ecu regulator 650 injectors and going with 93 pump gas.

Also just curious of the quality of the pump. Is it worth installing or just going with the test and proven Walboro?

Also just curious of the quality of the pump. Is it worth installing or just going with the test and proven Walboro?

I've never known FP to sell anything that wasn't high quality, so I wouldn't worry about it. Robert doesn't usually put his name (and high price tags :p) on something he doesn't believe in.

FWIW - I've had two Wally's and a brand new DW pump fail. There's no such thing as a failure-proof part, no matter who makes it.

I've never known FP to sell anything that wasn't high quality, so I wouldn't worry about it. Robert doesn't usually put his name (and high price tags :p) on something he doesn't believe in.

FWIW - I've had two Wally's and a brand new DW pump fail. There's no such thing as a failure-proof part, no matter who makes it.

This man is speaking the TRUTH. Coming from a parts guy here, even the new parts will fail from time to time! :ohdamn:

I've had mine in over a year. 26psi on a 16g and 50psi of fuel pressure and it seems it work fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back