The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Food Poisoning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vtec_Killer

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 5, 2005
Muncy, Pennsylvania
This is the first time I've ever had it and hopefully the last. Ive never felt this bad in my entire life. My stomach has the worst cramps ive ever had and I vomited so much theres nothing else to bring up. I wont mention what comes out the back door. My whole family has it. Homemade ice-cream was the source. Anyone have any idea on how to feel better or speed the process up? Im dying here.

Wow, that really blows (no pun intended). I had stomach flu for a day, that definitely wasn't too brilliant. Details on the homemade ice cream, did you create some deadly mixture of flavors that others should avoid? LOL

For starters avoid dehydration! Drink lots of water. Since your vomiting and probably have diarrhea it's hard for your body to stay hydrated.

24-48 hours and you'll be back to normal.

No water . You need gatorade or powerade . You are loosing alot of nutrients . At least those will give something back .

ROOKIE1 said:
No water . You need gatorade or powerade . You are loosing alot of nutrients . At least those will give something back .

For starters, it's losing not loosing. Furthermore, it's a lot not alot. :thumb: Luda would shake his head.:nono:

Any liquid will be fine, just stay away from caffeine.

No soda to settle my stomach? I thought gatorade and sports drinks would dehydrate me more. I think I saw it on a Pedialite commercial. Im probably wrong though. I've been sipping water and it seems to help. Thanks everyone.

eclipsegsx1736 said:
Wow, that really blows (no pun intended). I had stomach flu for a day, that definitely wasn't too brilliant. Details on the homemade ice cream, did you create some deadly mixture of flavors that others should avoid? LOL

Nothing out of the ordinary. Heavy cream, light cream, whipping cream, condensed milk, and whole milk and sugar. One of the creams must of been bad. I just bought them though?

Water and saltines. I have had food poisoning twice and a stomach virus once. Food poisoning was by far the worst. The saltines are replnish some of the nutrients that you lose plus it makes back door leakage a little more solid; trust this will help your mental situation more than your health.

Gatorade worked wonders to rehydrate me when I had alcohol poisoning [not my smartest moment.]

Keeping it down is another story of course, but drink as much as you can.

Vitamins, too. Maybe some bread/crackers if your stomach can handle it.

Id role the Powerade. In my area it is 2 for 2 dollars:thumb:

Same stuff. Get whatever has the deal going on.

powerade/gatorade or whatever kind of drink athletes use to stay hydrated.

i had food poisining last year after thanksgiving. my grandma let the stuffing sit in the turkey overnight which i guess lets out some crazy chemical. man the busiest day of the year(day after thanksgiving) and i was sicker as hell in the morning, still made it to work(resturant) but after serving some tables found my way into the bathroom where i passed out from vomiting my brains out. my manager (who was pissed cause she thought i was hungover) called my mom and dad and tried bitching them out, they said there was 0 alcohol last night, and they all felt like shit, but not bad since they didnt take too much of the stuffing(im a stuffing fiend). i was ####ed up that whole weekend. wasnt until the sunday when i was able to finally be normal.

Your manager called your parents? WTF Is that, apparently they have no morals on personal buisness.

Go to the emergency room, they will put you on a bannana bag, pack you full of electolytes and nutrients, which is what you need. The reason people die from food poisoning is dehydration, since you are throwing up all the time you drink something and have bad diarreah, you get no new hydration into your body and you just die.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back