The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Foglight bolts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gst fat

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2007
Miami, Florida
How many bolts hold in the 2gb eclipse foglights? And what size?

I think 3-4 each housing, I cant remember the thread pitch but they are usually a 10mm X 1.25mm, let me know if that works for you.

I just did this. There are three bolts holding them with a 10mm head.

Ok does the front bumper have to come off or is it reachable with the bumper on?

You do not need to remove the bumper. Each foglight is held in with one screw. First you have to remove the plastic fog light trim pieces. Then find the big screw that holds the fog light in. Take some PB blaster and spray that mofo because it will strip if you don't. Wait a little bit and then remove the screw, I found that a Crafstman #3 philips bit is the perfect size. Thats how you remove the foglights with the bumper on. If you need to remove the brackets as well you can now get to the 10mm bolts.

You will need to remove the bumper because chances are that screw will be rusted to hell...and you will probably strip the head on that phillips screw.

Good luck nonetheless.

The first screw I tried to remove I stripped because I didn't use PB and the wrong size philips bit, and I still managed to get it out with a screw out kit without removing the bumper. If you let the PB soak in and use the correct philips bit you should have no problem removing the screws. Please don't go through the extra work of removing the bumper it is not necessary.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back