The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Fmic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overboosted1g

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 13, 2010
washington, Michigan
So I'm looking into getting a fmic for my 1g since the stock smic is now useless with my 50 trim, I found a cheap core it's 12x30x3 and the inlet and outlet are 3in. My question is can I run 2.5in piping with 2.5 to 3in couplers or should I try to find another core with 2.5in inlet and outlet.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Mines mix and match i have the maf as well. 2.5 for everything else for me, and my j pipe is 2 to 2.5.
Keep is simple as possible mines is, i only have 5 couplers in the whole set up.

You should really run 2.5 piping. It can support an incredible amount of power. fits better and helps maintain velocity.

OK thanks for all the advice, 2.5 in piping will be ordered. My buddy whose dad owns a welding shop owes me a favor so I'm gonna get all the piping tig welded when it's all mocked up.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

you'll be fine with 2.5" pipe, if you're worried about the flow from the 2.5-3 i don't believe you'll see any difference

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back