The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

First time on NOS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 23, 2004
Yabucoa, Puerto, Puerto_Rico
I have a 97Gst with:
K&N Intake
Bomz Intake pipe
Greddy intercooler pipes
HKS BOV
Magnecore wires
Aeromotive FPR
255lph
sotck 450cc inj.
stock downpipe
2.5 cat back
unorthodox pulley
apexi SAFC
Apexi AVCR
135K miles but everything in good conditions
185psi con all 4 cylinders
i run at 16 peak psi to 14 psi
stock turbo and intercooler.

My friends has a NOS wet kit.
How much NOS can i spray 50,65,75 or 100hp
i want to run safe and fast
what spark plugs do i have to use and base fuel pressure?

My friends has a NOS wet kit.
How much NOS can i spray 50,65,75 or 100hp

first off, you cant spray a company. NOS is the company, Nitrous is what you will be spraying.

now ask, how much nitrous can you spray safely?

first off, youre gonna need something to monitor things with, be it a palm with some sort of logger software, or even better, dsmlink(which can help in controlling nitrous solenoids at proper times).

you also need better injectors. at least 550's. you got the fuel pump and fpr covered.

then you should start off at the lowest possible nozzle you have(be it 35 or 50) and make sure theres no knock or massive retard(timing retard=lean. adding nitrous to lean conditions=big bang).

i would say with nothing to monitor things, 35shot. if things look good, keep going. also when you hit the "nawss" button, at that point you should also be injecting added fuel to compensate.

IMO id rather go water/alchy injection to help a big turbo, rather than alot of nitrous to make up for a small turbo.

Start with the smallest shot you can first obviously. I would over jet the kit or turn up your base fuel pressure 10psi just to make up for any errors and log it with a wideband to see what your air fuel is. If you don't have an adjustable fpr or wideband I suggest you let somebody set it up who knows what they are doing or just wing it and hope for the best. It's really not that hard so start small and work up. Pull over right after a run (shut your engine off right after a pull) and pull out a plug and see what happened. Don't worry about cooling down the turbo etc, a few times will not hurt it. YOu wanna see what the burn on the plug looks like right during the combustion cycle with nitrous so let off turn off the car and pull over to a stop. IF you let it idle at all it will clean up and you will have no idea. You wanna see chocolate milk kinda color on the plugs. THey may be black your running rich, no white tho.

Yea, like said above start small and work your way up. Also you may want to start by turning your boost down a bit. Your boost will go up while spraying. Your turbo will also spool instantly. Since a turbo is driven by your exhaust gas and nitrous releases a lot of extra exhaust gases its going to make your turbo spool insanely fast.

Lot of people use a 35shot just for that...make the turbo spool.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back