The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

NOS on a 1G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4 Wheel Peel

Probationary Member
Oct 11, 2002
Bergen_County_NJ
Does anyone have any experience with NOS on a 1G? I want to run a 150 shot on a car with all the free mods, a K&N and a Walbro 255 lph high pressure fuel pump. Any info or links to info would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance...:dsm:

I have a friend that is running a 150 shot on a ford contour SVT, pretty stock. What do I have to do to run the 150 shot?

guess what

Attachments

• tfatf_nitrous.jpg
    tfatf_nitrous.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 413
Is there something a ford/mazda has that is better than a DSM engine? Wow a 150 shot, I want to see what his tranny acts like after a couple of runs.

You may want to build your engine if you want that kind of power, although a stock DSM tranny and clutch setup will break really quick with a 150 shot you would want to build that too. V8's can handle that much NOS, although they have four more cylinders. Use some logic with your car, the manufacture doesn't make there engine and drivetrain with the thought in mind that you will throw a 150 shot at it.

Good Luck! Maybe a 65 shot will be fine, although you can get way more power with a 3" open exhaust, boost guage, K&N, and a boost controller. Plus doing these mods won't kill your engine as quickly.

Joe

Attachments

• piston11.jpg
    piston11.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 408
Isn't there a nitrous specific category here on DSMTUNERS??? Or are we all a bunch of blind retards...

who's to say 150 shot is going to kill the motor? has anyone here done it? ....no? then who's to say it can't be done, by all means let him do it. i'm certainly interested in seeing the results :D

marshall

Oh yea go for it buddy!!!! Don't be a sissy. Why don't you put a 150 dry shot while running 20psi you'll get some real power that way. Hey why don't you just drain the oil from your motor and drive 50mph in 1st gear, either way your going to be callin' the
Mitsu-graveyard that same day. Be resonable with Nitrous or it WILL kick you in the as$. 150 shot on stock internals=not reasonable=$$$$

What supporting mods does you "friend" with the Contour SVT have to be running a 150 shot? Is it a dry set up or wet??
What kind of timeslips is the guy pullin' with the 150 shot. at least 12's I hope. :D :confused:

that was a tad harsh, especially from someone with what seems to be very little dsm or nitrous experience...

marshall

Definatly not a good idea. 50 shot at most, but not until you get an exaust and some other parts.

ive seen a 2G TSi Go from 14s, into low 12's with a 50 shot. But then again he had alot more stuff done to his car. such as: injectors, AFC, exaust, Intake, 16G, plus what you have and a few little things.

150 only? Go for a 200shot. You'll beat your friend's SVT for sure!

BTW, learn more about DSM's before you make a fool out of yourself. Boost is a much more "reliable" and efficient way to make power.

Originally posted by GreenGVR4
ive seen a 2G TSi Go from 14s, into low 12's with a 50 shot. But then again he had alot more stuff done to his car. such as: injectors, AFC, exaust, Intake, 16G, plus what you have and a few little things.

Your saying you can run 2+ seconds faster with only 50extra HP on a DSM.. Wow sign me up... That's gotta be a record here. I have a hard time seeing how that's possible.

I went from a 13.1 to a 12.7 on a 55shot. And then I went from a 12.9 to a 12.1 with a 75shot MPH went up by almost 8mph. MPH will show how much more power the car really is making.

Highly built DSMs with very high flowing turbos are running 125shots, with very carfull tunning and race gas. Try doing that on a mostly stock DSM with stock fuel system, and a upgraded fuel pump and you better be ready to kiss it goodbye.

Maybe he means a 150 shot into the intercooler. This would be a possibility only with a front mount I think, although I just opened up the idea here, let it go. 150 shot to the intercooler, imagine 35lbs of boost! WOW that would be a 4wheelspin!

For about 1 run though, like over in Japan where they design cars for tiem attack, and half of them are toasted after one run. I will stick to a daily driver and a 50 shot. Good Luck!

Joe

Alright, let me ask a dumb question here. Who's idea was it that the size of the shot you spray on the intercooler has ANY bearing on the amount of horsepower you are going to make? You can spray a 25 shot, or a 24309875634054620564325645624385643252087365432 shot onto the intercooler, and the horsepower gain will be the SAME. Do you guys have any idea what you are saying? Let me guess; on a water to air intercooler, the little half moon shaped ice cubes make more power than the cube shaped ice cubes, right? :rolleyes:

Regards,

haha, i just love how the sarcasm is always followed by a polite "regards, aslan"

makes me laugh every time.

Originally posted by nano

Your saying you can run 2+ seconds faster with only 50extra HP on a DSM.. Wow sign me up... That's gotta be a record here. I have a hard time seeing how that's possible.

I dont know but he was running low 14 high 13's then he ran a 12.3 with the same setup. mabye he didnt know what shot he put in or he turned the boost also.. but he said it was a 50 shot...

Oh yeah , i have another friend with an integra.. that went from 13.7 to 12.2 with a 40 shot.. it all depends on the circumstacnes.. the reason you barley increased time is because you have a Junk N02 kit..

that was supposed to be sarcastic right? i assume so since you didn't write nitrous correctly...

GreenVR4 I'm talking about DSMs not a lightened feartherweight Integra. It's going to take less HP to make a really light car fast. Did he have slicks too? Cause it takes a lot of HP for a FWD TSI to get to low 12s. I'm not saying I don't belive you but that there had to be something else wrong with he's tunning before he ran with nitrous. Obviously you don't know what kind of HP it takes to get an 8mph encrease in an AWD DSM but it's more then a 50 shot. Specially when you're going at 111mph+ traps. It dosen't take much horespoer to run a 14.1 on a DSM, just around 250hp or so. So from what you're sayting it only takes 300crank HP to run a 12.1. What MPH was he trapping again? Install a 50shot on your VR4 then tell me how much you gain. I've seen WRXs run NX kits and there gains where only a little better then mine.

I know what your saying, we are talking 2 different ballgames between an integra and a 2g TSi..mabye my info about the TSI isnt that accurate but i have seen the guy run high 13's at best without the nitrous, and 12.3 with it. I dont know him that well to know if he did other stuff to it, he quite have possibly turned the boost up more too. but I asked him what he had done since the high 13's low 14 passes and he said "50 shot Nos"...and yes the integra was running slicks, both before and after. Also, technically putting a 50(32N20, 18Fuel) shot is going to actully going to be more because of the boost increase and a couple other factors.. but all im saying is the guy gained over a second on a 50 shot..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back