1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G First Roll cage completed

Posted by SasaniFab, Jul 18, 2019

Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. SasaniFab

SasaniFab Freelancer

Joined Dec 1, 2013
    danbury, Connecticut
    It’s been a long ass process as I can only do a little bit at a time. It wasn’t as easy as I first thought but I learned a ton. If I could do it again I would of just used mild steel in place of chromoly. Finding chromoly locally is a nightmare.... everyone has mild steel. I ended up going through the dash with the a pillars I managed to get the headliner back in also which I’m happy about. It’s not perfect but I did everything following the 2019 nhra handbook. I wanted to give up several times but I’m glad I didn’t.

Attached Files:

Street Build 3K  20

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    645 whp · 498 lb/ft · 1G DSM
    OH91awd likes this.
  2. crash89

crash89 Proven Member

Joined Mar 5, 2008
    Janesville, Wisconsin
    Looks pretty decent to me, judging from the potato phone pictures! What kind of bender do you have? Ive wanted to give up on my Bug a lot too but everytime I make some big progress Im so glad I havent!

4K  4

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

3K  10

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    11.043 @ 125.92 · 2G DSM
  3. SasaniFab

SasaniFab Freelancer

Joined Dec 1, 2013
    danbury, Connecticut
    Protools 105 with the hydro conversion

Street Build 3K  20

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    645 whp · 498 lb/ft · 1G DSM
  4. deboelduro

deboelduro Proven Member

Joined Sep 5, 2007
    winsted, Connecticut
    Great work man. Most people don’t have the ballss to even attempt this :thumb:

Street Build 693  12

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    awd · manual · Galant VR-4