The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

filled block??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmgod87

Probationary Member
Aug 29, 2004
Morgan Hill, California
i was just reading shep's parts list on his website, and it says he has a "filled block" i was just wondering what that was. i'm guessing that it has something to do with durability but i could be wrong. has anyone else ever heard of this?

You fill the coolant passages, it strengthens the block alot more. Alot of V8 guy have done this when there is no after market blocks around years ago.

Its for a race car and isnt a good idea to do on a street car, and you need to be making alot of power to start cracking our blocks. When I say alot, 900-over 1000hp

Some people use epoxy, some people use concrete. Basicly eliminates water cooling of the engine and is good if you need to warm up the engine, shoot the car down the track in 7s and shut the engine off.

DJpHGotBanned said:
Some people use epoxy, some people use concrete. Basicly eliminates water cooling of the engine and is good if you need to warm up the engine, shoot the car down the track in 7s and shut the engine off.

To clarify concrete is a base for most of the aftermarket block fillers, however plain concrete wouldn't work. The expansion ratio is way off and would destroy the block. An epoxy doesn't seem like a good idea either, when the two compounds mix they generate heat, which could cause the block to expand during curing. Not to mention getting the hardener to mix completely with the resin before it cures would be nearly impossible and would result in a non-uniform mix of the compounds.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back