The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

fidanza clutch problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmsucks

15+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2005
Rochester, New_York
Well I just got the 2.1 fidanza clutch. Everything looked good until I tried to line it up with the flywheel. All the holes line up between the pressure plate and flywheel. The problem comes when I put the disk between the two. The disk seems like its too thick. The pressure plate hardly makes contact with the flywheel.
Any Ideas

so you can move the disc around when the pressure plate it on then you have a N/T clutch kit

I just got off the phone with fidanza and the guy said It was okay that the flywheel didnt make contact with the pressure plate when the disk was between the two. He said I had to torque it all down

I cant move the disk when the pressure plate is on
thanks for the help. I would love to here from people who are running the clutch

Well I just got the 2.1 fidanza clutch. Everything looked good until I tried to line it up with the flywheel. All the holes line up between the pressure plate and flywheel. The problem comes when I put the disk between the two. The disk seems like its too thick. The pressure plate hardly makes contact with the flywheel.
Any Ideas
This is your first clutch install, I take it?

What you're describing is completely normal. Obviously, the clutch is considered "engaged" when the diaphram does not have any force exerted onto it. During install, as you tighten the pressure plate onto the flywheel, you will feel it tighten - this is normal. Your clutch will always be this tight, unless you press the clutch pedal.

Understanding how a clutch functions will help understand why it is the way it is.

This is your first clutch install, I take it?

What you're describing is completely normal. Obviously, the clutch is considered "engaged" when the diaphram does not have any force exerted onto it. During install, as you tighten the pressure plate onto the flywheel, you will feel it tighten - this is normal. Your clutch will always be this tight, unless you press the clutch pedal.

Understanding how a clutch functions will help understand why it is the way it is.

Yeah it is my first installLOL

Thanks for giving notes in clutch function 101:)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back