The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

FIC 1750s with FIC's signal booster

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twdorris

Supporting Vendor
Feb 13, 2003
Frederick, Maryland
Thought I'd share the current state of our testing on this signal booster thing that FIC has.

YouTube video link

I've been driving on and off with these injectors and the signal booster (Easy Tune) for a couple days. I'm definitely liking them. Idle is very smooth and the engine typically fires right up on the first try, just like you see in the video. I'm really, genuinely pleased with this setup.

However, that said, I do want to be clear on a few points.

First, this is still pretty early in our typical testing phase. I've only been playing around with these for a couple days. We usually spend weeks testing something before we really feel comfortable.

And this particular test was done with some beta code that allows the user to adjust deadtime per injector. I won't lie to you...this is not a fun process. If you thought dialing in one number was a pain, wait until you try four that always seem to be fighting against each other. We're still playing around with different dial-in approaches here. We'll post more when we know more.

And, finally, there are still some slightly goofy artifacts we don't quite understand. But these seem to be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The car idles, cruises and pulls great. But when I go doing things I don't normally do (like trying to idle at 2000 RPM), I was seeing some goofy numbers. I don't want to elaborate too much because my testing could be flawed for all I know. More testing will follow.

Anyway, enjoy the video. I can say I'm really enjoying the car in its current setup.

Thomas Dorris

Wowzers those are big injectors. I'm assuming this was done with e85 or are you using gasoline for testing purposes?
Gasoline. That clip was taken with the car running normal closed loop operation off narrow band simulation inside the ECU with 93 octane gasoline.

Thomas Dorris

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention... This box is basically providing regulated voltage on the hot side of the injectors. That means as battery voltage fluctuates, you don't near nearly as much (if any) adjustment to the injector deadtime table. It's basically a flatline.

Thomas Dorris

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back