The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Failed Tial wastegate springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I partially blame myself, I just assumed that after I paid to ship it there, paid to have it fixed and paid to have it shipped back (total almost enough to buy a new gate LOL) that it would be good to go, human errors do happen and I should have pulled the gate apart to confirm it was good to go, now I gotta check it out the hard way LOL

UPDATE: I finally had time to once again pull the turbo today, and I am so pissed off and shocked for my findings...the gate wich I paid almost enough in shipping and repaird costs to get to TiAL and back that I could have just bought a new gate,was sent back to me "repaired" After installing I imediately had the "no boost" issue again. Finally pull it all again and the same shot springs were put back in...I had sent the blown springs in with the gate so they could see them for themselves what they looked like, I DID NOT expect to get them back ESPECIALLY back in the gate, I am beyond pissed off now...I have sent TiAL an email I hope they respond this time...:banghead:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
That just doesnt make sense. I saw Ryan pull new springs out of our bins and then i went back to my lathe on the other side of the shop....this issue pisses me off cause i cant wrap my head around it.

UPDATE: I finally had time to once again pull the turbo today, and I am so pissed off and shocked for my findings...the gate wich I paid almost enough in shipping and repaird costs to get to TiAL and back that I could have just bought a new gate,was sent back to me "repaired" After installing I imediately had the "no boost" issue again. Finally pull it all again and the same shot springs were put back in...I had sent the blown springs in with the gate so they could see them for themselves what they looked like, I DID NOT expect to get them back ESPECIALLY back in the gate, I am beyond pissed off now...I have sent TiAL an email I hope they respond this time...:banghead:
Same springs? If it worked at all when you got it back, then we all know it didn't have the same springs in it. It seems that the original issue hasn't yet been corrected (whatever it is), and you just destroyed yet another set of new springs. This is very weird though. I don't even have any theories as to why this could be happening...

Same springs? If it worked at all when you got it back, then we all know it didn't have the same springs in it. It seems that the original issue hasn't yet been corrected (whatever it is), and you just destroyed yet another set of new springs. This is very weird though. I don't even have any theories as to why this could be happening...

It didn't work when I got it back, I got it back, put it back on fired car up, saw fuel line leaking, replaced fuel line went for drive, no boost. I got 0 miles on my rebuilt gate. Pulled turbo again, popped cap to see springs, found those 2 shot springs inside. 0 miles and the springs got "cooked" same as before??? Very doubtful, I sent my cooked springs back with the gate when I sent it for repairs and the springs I found inside my repaired gate look amazingly the same as the ones I sent back, human error, what can I say LOL I put new springs in and it's boosting fine now, but ya like I said I got 5 min of idle on the gate when I got it back

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back