The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Evolution 8 FMIC on 1G Eclipse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1g4g63t

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 3, 2005
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Just wondering if anyone has ever put an Evolution 8 FMIC ON 1G Eclipse?
I'm buying a EVO 8 front mount for $30 from a friend (whata deal..yea he's got $$), anyway just wondering if its possible to do?

let me know asap...

thnks ! :thumb: :dsm:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but it will be a little bit of a chore. It looks great once its in. Do a search some guy already did this.

You will just have to do some custom work, mounting, piping,... But it will work.

I just did this on my 1G, and it's not as hard as everyone thinks.

Took me about an hour to get the bumper cut and everything mounted up with a little modification to the stock brackets. The intercooler pipes go right under your stock foglights, or if you don't have your stock foglights, they go the same route as a normal side-side intercooler goes.

ok i have a quick question. That should fit on a 2g then with modification of course, but how good is that IC?
I want to make no more than 300hp with my car and i was wondering how this IC might work with my 2g?

There's a lot of hills and what not here so the turbo is constantly spooling and the fastest posted speed limit is 35mph here. No mods done to car just thinking ahead and trying to get rid of the SMIC and go with something more efficient.

Afraid even when i put the 14-b on that the SMIC might be to small. thanx for any info...

defrag010 said:
I just did this on my 1G, and it's not as hard as everyone thinks. Took me about an hour to get the bumper cut and everything mounted up with a little modification to the stock brackets. The intercooler pipes go Right under your stock foglights, or if you don't have your stock foglights, they go the same route as a normal side-side intercooler goes.

do you know max output on these things ?

how many lbs are you going to be pushing ?

EVO's have made 450hp on it... My buddy ran 30psi through this IC on his EVO

yea, the evo people are getting 400+ hp out of them. Everyone on here will tell you they are crap, but they are decent for how much you can get them for. Just browse around evolutionm.net and see how much people are making on their stockers..

I am going to be running a Holset H1C at 21 psi, hoping for 400 whp out of the whole setup.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back