The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Evo3 boost creep on a 4g64

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phizzalot

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Hello all, I've been looking around but haven't found exact info related to this topic. I recently picked up a 16g evo3 from a 1g talon junker and wanted to know a few answers.

1. Where can I find that manual for porting an evo3 to avoid boost creep that I read about in another topic?

2. What size injectors and fuel pump should I use to keep this setup safely at 8 to 12lbs of boost?

3. Where can I pick up a GOOD Inespensive manifold with wastegate?

I will be running mostly stock parts from the 1g talon, like bov, j-pipe, turbine housing, o2 housing, etc.

If thats all the boost your doing then no need for injectors or pump. As far as a manifold with an external WG, it wont be inexpensive, and with such low boost it will not benifit you more likely hurt you.Not sure aboput the "manual for porting" but Ill look around and see what I can find for you. My suggestion would be to run 16psi or so, port out the 16G, get 650cc injectors, a fuel pump, and a logger. But that costs $$$ and not sure of your budget.
EDIT: I found this in literally 10 seconds>>> http://www.vfaq.com/mods/porting-turbo.html . Use www.vfaq.com its your friend, also I did a search on here by entering the word"porting" and hundreds of threads popped up, Im sure reading thorugh some of them would have netted to some knowledge on how others did it.

Dustin

Tanks for the reply, I noticed right after I posted that there were a lot of article's to answer my questions..

Um I don't have the infamous 4g63 motor, so thats why I didn't want to run 16lbs of boost on my stock 4g64. I think I may just go for broke and rig everything up from a eclipse setup and see what I need to modify form there....

Thanks again for the help....

Get a set of 450cc injectors from any junkyard 1G or 2G. That, and a walbro 190 fuel pump should satisfy your fuel requirements to run 8-12 psi. I'm not sure what the stock injector size is for your Galant, but I'm sure it'll be enough of a difference that you'll need to use an SAFC to get any tuning issues sorted as well.

Before you shell out money on a manifold, try test fitting a 2G or Evo3 manifold to see if that'll bolt up. Otherwise, you might have to go the custom fabrication route.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back