The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Evo Ohlins into a 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toni Eclipse

Proven Member
Oct 16, 2013
Trogir, Croatia, Europe
Hey guys, I need some measurements from someone that has their coilovers out of their car.
I am wondering if I can put rear Ohlins from an Evo into my 2g. So I got the size of the Ohlins coilovers which is 17" when the bottom adjustable piece is completely screwed in. There is another adjustable piece which you connect to your car but I would take it off and craft a new piece that fits 2g. So I am posting a picture of megan coilovers showing which measurement I need. Help please :)

Attachments

• ohlins.jpg
    ohlins.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 103
  • coilovers.JPG
    coilovers.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 84
You may struggle as its not threaded all the way up the shock hosuing and the 2g units are somewhat short on the housing to accept how high up the mounting is on the knuckle, unless you can an evo lca arm to fit and use this shock as it is, to be honest getting it attached to the bottom arm is much better anyway but you will struggle to get it attached to the oem 2g location. if no one helps by the weekend i can get you some distances on sat for you

Right i measured 19" from top of shock plate to the hole it bolts to on the knuckle, thats my measurment from how ive set mine up so you have 2" to make a bolt hole adaptor to these which it may or may not work, you could go up slightly and have say 2.5-3" if you keep the rear higher, i dont have measurements from the bottom of the shock housing as its inside and i dont want to guess that part incase its wrong,

Right i measured 19" from top of shock plate to the hole it bolts to on the knuckle, thats my measurment from how ive set mine up so you have 2" to make a bolt hole adaptor to these which it may or may not work, you could go up slightly and have say 2.5-3" if you keep the rear higher, i dont have measurements from the bottom of the shock housing as its inside and i dont want to guess that part incase its wrong,

Thanks man!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back