The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Evo IX pistons in 95 block?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They are half forged, 85mm bore, and have a 22mm wrist pin.

They are good pistons but for the price of new ones you can get Weiscos or something like that. they are forged and have a C.R. of 8.8:1. They use a 22mm wrist pin, so if using 6 bolt rods, you have to have the small end bored out and narrowed. They will fit directly on 7 bolt rods though. Also, since the Evo IX's are inverted compared to the 4G63, the pistons have to be turned around 180 degrees to line up the valve reliefs correctly. They are the same 85mm bore as the 4G63 and are available in .020" and .040" over sized as well as stock bore diameter. They also take Evo IX specific rings and the OEM one are very expensive. DSM Graveyard offers a set of rings that are much cheaper though. Here is a link to their site with prices on pistons, rings and rod & piston combos.
DSM Graveyard - Your #1 Source for DSM Parts!

Hope that helps

Thanks that helps alot, the rods come with the pistons thats why i was asking if they would fit on my stock crankshaft, this will be my first build and im getting the rods and pistons for cheap.

The rods will fit a 7 bolt crankshaft. If you are buying them new, they really aren't a good value IMO. I got a set of Eagle rods and Wiseco pistons for $700 shipped from a vendor here.

They are good if you can get em cheap used.

I also read the wrist pin hole on the EVO 9 pistons are 1mm off center. If you have the original engine in your 93, you have an early 7 bolt. If your car has a 6 bolt, then the rods will have too much side to side play on the crank journal. Also, I wouldn't throw used pistons in a car. Buy a new set and have the engine bored for the pistons and have the rings properly gapped.

I know im building on a budget, the insurance money http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/blogs/dsm4lyfe12/1971-getting-her-fixed-up-bad-news.html

^ Read that and you'll understand, also im having a baby and im quite young to be spending money that im not making I already spend 900 dollars on getting my fmic and radiator so im going the whole nine yards . there are only 2k on the pistons and im getting excited on the price for these pistons that i know are in great condition, The budget build is letting me get a new built head and some pistons without spending to much money on machining and boreing the block.

I know im building on a budget, the insurance money http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/blogs/dsm4lyfe12/1971-getting-her-fixed-up-bad-news.html

^ Read that and you'll understand, also im having a baby and im quite young to be spending money that im not making I already spend 900 dollars on getting my fmic and radiator so im going the whole nine yards . there are only 2k on the pistons and im getting excited on the price for these pistons that i know are in great condition, The budget build is letting me get a new built head and some pistons without spending to much money on machining and boreing the block.

Why? where do you see this heading in 5 yrs?:hmm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back