The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

EVO cams in 2G?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewoevo

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 10, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but thought I'd ask anyway. The reason I wanted to know is I can get a good deal on a set of EVO 8 HKS cams. I don't think they will, since the engines are 180 degrees out, but thought I'd ask.

Definitely will not work. Its a totally different head.

What will work to my knowledge is evo 8 pistons, rods, rings and bearings, evo brembos, the rims, bov, steering wheel , seats of course some of this stuff needs a little bit of fab skill.

That's what I thought. However, the EVO 8 does not have MIVEC. That started with the EVO 9.

They will not work juss save up your money and get the cams that are for dsm

That's what I plan to do. Actually I already have an HKS exhaust cam for a 2G. I just need to get the intake cam now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back