1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Street Build Evie

Year:
Model/Trim:
Eagle Talon TSi AWD
Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Mielo5280

Mielo5280 Probationary Member

Joined Aug 29, 2019
    Wheat Ridge, Colorado

Street Build 220  3

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. Mielo5280

Joined Aug 29, 2019
    Wheat Ridge, Colorado
    Mostly Stock car. I've done some handling work. I got Ecmlink v3 and the typical gauges. Oil pressure and water temp are next in gauges. Other than that I plan on throwing a FP manifold and a E3-16G eventually. Still on stock fuel system. upping to bigger injectors, a wally 255 and a afpr before I get a bigger turbo. I might get a 14b and all the fixins from a buddy for cheap.

Street Build 220  3

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. Mielo5280

Joined Aug 29, 2019
    Wheat Ridge, Colorado
    I thought the car blew a head gasket.... Just cracked the exhaust manifold right above the water pipe. I pulled the head, inspected the head gasket, and realized the issue. Knowing the motor was original and not knowing the health of the rest of it, I went through with pulling it and dropping in a new rebuilt long block I had.

Dropped the new block in, started up first crank, and the stub shaft for the oil pump balance shaft backed itself out and dropped into the pan. Less than 3 miles away from home.

Street Build 220  3

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM