The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

2G Evap canister P0443

Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zachary Hodge

Probationary Member
Mar 18, 2021
Kansas City, Kansas
Trying to find info on these lines on top of my Evap canister. One side doesn’t have a line or a cap on it, the other side does. Im getting a CEL po443. I want to delete all of this but don’t have a lot of info about it. Just rip all this stuff out? Put caps on the air lines? Im not worried about the CEL being on. I just have a vacuum leak somewhere causing it to run like shit at WOT. Im not sure this would cause it it spudder at WOT but figured the CEL is a good place to start.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

95 GST FWD auto btw.

One of those lines is a vent from your fuel tank, the other connects to the purge valve and then into the intake. It does appear one of your lines is missing, and yes that could cause a big vacuum leak when the purge valve opens. If the hose somehow popped off that one fitting you can replace the hose and hopefully be good to go. No need to remove the whole system then deal with trying to fool the ECU to prevent a CEL. The evap system doesn’t cost you any power or choke your performance.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back