The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G EVAP/EGR Solenoids and their codes (P0403/P0443)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kryndon

Proven Member
Jan 10, 2014
Bulgaria, Europe
Alright, I decided to make a new thread on this as most other threads (which are not all that many) are very outdated and it would be good to have some definitive answers in a fresh thread.

My questions are two: Firstly, I should say that my car currently does not have either the EGR solenoid nor the EVAP solenoid (as seen in the picture below). I have also blocked off the EGR valve with a block-off plate, but left the valve in there with the vacuums plugged.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Every time I clear the two codes (P0443-EVAP///P0403-EGR), they come back after 10-15 minutes regardless of how I drive the car.

The second question is, is anyone 100% sure that just by getting the two solenoids and only plugging their electrical connectors will keep the codes clear? Or must they also be connected via their vacuum hoses? I really want to get rid of these two codes as they are the only thing triggering my CEL, but I don't want to buy the solenoids and have them not do the trick.

Would anyone have experience with this and know for sure? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• WP_20160525_18_59_27_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160525_18_59_27_Pro.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 280
Thanks. I've been looking at other Mitsubishi models which may use the same solenoids but no luck so far. I may have to order from the States in the end.

UPDATE: Just wanted to update this and hopefully others can reference this in the future if they have a similar issue and are uncertain.

After buying a used EGR/EVAP solenoid and installing it, just the electrical connectors and not the vacuum lines, I can confirm that both CEL codes disappeared. It was more of a nuisance than anything, but the dummy light gets annoying.

Also I have searched thoroughly and I believe no other Mitsubishi car uses the exact same EGR/EVAP solenoids like the 2G DSM ones.

Sorry man, as I said in the other thread i always have the PO400 code for EGR recirculation flow cel (NOT solenoids) after delete. Goes away for awhile, but always comes back. All 3 2gs, ecus from 96,97, 98. No difference with block off plate or just looping lines. Supposedly some people don't get this code. I'd like to know why.

Also, I've used evap solenoids from same year galants. They look slightly different but plug in and prevent a cel.

Sorry man, as I said in the other thread i always have the PO400 code for EGR recirculation flow cel (NOT solenoids) after delete. Goes away for awhile, but always comes back. All 3 2gs, ecus from 96,97, 98. No difference with block off plate or just looping lines. Supposedly some people don't get this code. I'd like to know why.

Also, I've used evap solenoids from same year galants. They look slightly different but plug in and prevent a cel.

My thread was specifically for the P0403 and P0443 codes. Those codes simply mean that there is no actual connection between ECU and solenoids. It's based on the default resistance in the complete circuit. When you break it (i.e remove solenoids), it throws that code regardless if your EGR works normally or not.

Any other codes related to the EGR and EVAP will be due to the system not working properly, so a broken line, faulty valve etc. Otherwise I don't know if this could be due to different year ECUs or solenoids.

Hey guys, my car is a 1999 2g spyder with 2.4 motor and 2.0 header. Its throwing the P0443 code what can i do to go around it?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back