The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Engine preload tuning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funfettie

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2011
Menomonie, Wisconsin
Hay guys,
I had a question about tuning on DSMlink. Over the years I have seen quite a few clips of 2jz engines building boost when they ain't under load. I was wondering if its possible to tune DSMlink to do the same? I know DSMlink has anti-lag and launch control to build boost on the line, but I've never seen anything like this done before. Here's a clip of what I'm referring to:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Any input would be greatly appreciated. Sorry Im not the best with tuning, I leave that part to the pros.
Thanks!
Tanner

If you can increase your EGT while not under load, the turbo will increase in speed. When you look at turbo equations, exhaust gas temperature is the single largest variable in determining turbo speed. Although I've never done this with DSM link, I accomplished this on another turbo project by running as lean as I could get away with under part load. So... start there. Also, just an FYI, what you may be seeing in this video is boost creep (not positive about that, but it could be another possible explanation).

The 2 step will allow you to build a small amount of boost on the line.

Alternatively, the ECMlink anti-lag feature can be tuned to build whatever amount of boost you want on the line (within reason). This may, however, come at the expense of your turbocharger:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Sadly, you'll just have to accept the fact that nothing will make your 4G63 build boost like a 2JZ. It's a completely different engine with a completely different set of characteristics.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back