The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Engine and Body/ lighting harness Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmyskrew face

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2007
Union, New_Jersey
Its been while since i've messed with one of these things and decided to get back into a 1G talon. I was looking into building a new milspec harness for my haltech I wanted to remove my factory engine harness but I wanted to know if its tied into my lighting harness (headlights ,turnsignals, fogs, ect)? I saw a thread on here about the removal but I didnt see anything on wether or not it interfered with the lighting harness.

Another mini speed bump. I have DIS-4 ignition box and spark tech COP. Being that the car will be on Haltech ps1000 management. Can I ditch the igniter( Ignition Transistor pack/module) or will I have to tie that into my new harness?

The DIS-4 is looking for a regular coil signal. The Haltech can probably be set up to supply that, since it looks like it is capable of driving coils directly. Just make sure that when you set the Haltech up, that you are adjusting the settings like you are driving the 4 coils directly from the Haltech. Then wire the DIS-4 in between the coils and ECU and you should be good to go ,no PTU. And that way you can utilize all 4 channels individually, and get rid of the wasted spark.

You will need to rewire the Sparktech COP to to this though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back