1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G Eliminate cruise control easy

Posted by sytherstrike, Jul 20, 2020

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. sytherstrike

sytherstrike Probationary Member

Joined Mar 19, 2013
    Flint, Michigan
    20200720_133224.jpg 20200720_133236.jpg I just unbolted everything and rearranged the brackets. I did have to wrap the cable around the intake but as far as free mods go it works.

2. John Miller

John Miller Proven Member

Joined Jan 27, 2020
    Juneau, Wisconsin
    I did the same thing to my eclipse. Cleans up the engine bay and was super easy to do.

326  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    sytherstrike likes this.
  3. EVLGSX

EVLGSX Proven Member

Joined Dec 7, 2017
    Wallingford, Connecticut
    Ive seen this done but never tried it myself- Ive heard complaining about the throttle feeling awful after doing this...........

seems okay to you?

Street Build 2K  15

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. Mech Addict

Mech Addict Supporting Member

Joined Jun 9, 2019
    Jackson, Wyoming
    Great solution for keeping your right ankle in shape if you drive long distance. My car has factory cruise (a 90 no less, the oddball type), and while I do like the feature in principle, mine has been n/f since acquiring the car a year ago. New cables seem like a unicorn, and I'm not even sure that the actuator even works.
    Did you notice better throttle control as a result, or just more tidy engine bay? Obviously there is no place for cruise in spirited driving, but not every driving situation is so optimal, and the convenience is unquestionable (hard to find a new car without it). A/C is also easy to delete too, but I'm not doing that if I ever want my wife in the car.

Street Build 607  6

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  5. John Miller

John Miller Proven Member

Joined Jan 27, 2020
    Juneau, Wisconsin
    Throttle feels good to me. It is a bit stiff, but I actually prefer it that way.

326  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  6. sytherstrike

sytherstrike Probationary Member

Joined Mar 19, 2013
    Flint, Michigan
    You could always put it back if you didn't like it, I didn't cut anything just unbolted and rearranged. What surprised me was how easy it was. I'm not to the driving part on my car yet, still working out how everything is going together. I bought a mighty max ofh and I need to get a alternator relocation kit just so my exhaust fits.