The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Eibach Pro Springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iloveboost

Proven Member
Jul 25, 2014
Vacaville, California
I had a quick question on the Eibach Pro Lowering Springs. Says on their website that their springs exclude Spyders. Anyone know why? I looked at the Megan website and their springs look the same for all models including Spyders.

I just purchased 18x8 +40 wheels with 245/35/18 tires. What spring kit (any, not just Eibach or Megan) would be the best for me and not cause problems with my wheels and tires? Are the Megans too far a drop at 2 inches?

iloveboost

Take it from a spyder owner, the weight difference and spring rate WILL make a difference. The 2g has 3 different spring rate options; GST, GSX and Spyder. The Spyder's proper spring rate is in-between the GST and GSX, leaning more toward the rate of the GSX.

If you are going to run Eibach prokit springs in a Spyder, get the GSX springs. I have personal experience with them in own Spyder after I swapped out a set of GST Tokico springs that netter unbelievable amounts of sag.

With that wheel, you may need to roll the rear fenders with the Eibach springs, but should be ok in the front. The drop the Pro Kit provides isn't super aggressive, so dialing rear camber back in isn't an impossible feet.

Now if we speak performance wise of course it will make a difference, but not on ride height.

All 2Gb DSMs had the same front and rear springs and struts. This includes FWD, AWD and Spyder GS-T. 95/96 were kind of all different but 97-99 were all the same springs and struts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back