The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink EGR, IDLESW, FPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mham2k

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 8, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I’m working to setup methanol injection.

I plan to have it turn on with the FPS control and switch to an aux map with a pressure switch in meth line through the idlesw or EGR control.

1.) Which wires in the FPS do I tap into to trigger my relay for my meth pump?

2.) I assume I need to use a ground for the pressure switch , which wire in the idle switch is the ground that I can tap into to activate the signal to ecmlink?

I’m trying to stay under the hood but have no idea which wires to tap under here.

I could go under the dash and find the wires going to the ecu but everything is under the hood and it would be much easier.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I like the way my methanol setup performs, way better than before, with a solenoid as close to the spray nozzle as I can get it. Took a bit to figure out but much happier with the control this way. Also found one large nozzle to offer better, more repeatable results.

I know these things have nothing to do with your Qs but just wanted to share and hopefully save someone some hassle figuring it out.

I like the way my methanol setup performs, way better than before, with a solenoid as close to the spray nozzle as I can get it. Took a bit to figure out but much happier with the control this way. Also found one large nozzle to offer better, more repeatable results.

I know these things have nothing to do with your Qs but just wanted to share and hopefully save someone some hassle figuring it out.

How did you do your failsafe?

Im actually not currently employing a failsafe of any kind. Ive got the AEM 1000cc flow gauge that lets me know the methanol is flowing and how much, and ive grown to trust what I now consider to be a very solid setup. I use the CEL to flash at 1* of retard so anytime I see any action from that light I bail on the pull. Some may disagree but I dont think a failsafe is absolutely necessary IF you pay attention to whats going on (depending of coarse on how much your really stretching things)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back