The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ecu

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1995 brian

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 16, 2011
Leadville, Colorado
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

is there any way to check the ecu?
the reason i ask is because i have no spark in cylinder 2 and 3 .

Last edited by a moderator:
Pull your power transistor connector, and check for corrosion. Then test the transistor itself using the FSM. Common point of failure for our cars.

All you can check for is leaking caps, corrosion, and burns. There is a tell-tale "fish" smell when Electrolytes leak from capacitors. Other than that, check out this link and see if you can find any of the damage shown in the "Corrosion Examples" section.

ecurepairhome [ECMTuning - wiki]

If you have no spark on cylinders 2/3 then I would start looking at the coil pack. The ICM (power Transistor) could be faulty as well, but to correctly check that you will need a Multimeter.

check the coil packs for sure. our cars use a wasted spark system so when you lose one coil you lose 2 cylinders.

i swapped the transistor from my 97 gsx that is working fine and still no start or spark. checked the coils resistance with the coil disconected and got 12-13 ohms on both coil packs. so whats left other then the ecu that dosent look llike its leaking or any corrosion. cas or ckp?

How would you test the crank sensor?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back